UPlifting. Why UP is my new favorite movie.
I love movies. I tend to be picky and have strong opinions as to weather they are contributing to the ultimate betterment of the human species or harming it.
I rarely want to just rave about a movie though, and Pixar’s latest masterpiece makes me want to do just that.
First of all, the Short they played previous to the feature film was an absolutely hilarious and cute little film about clouds creating various babies for storks to carry to the expecting mom’s below. It of course had a twist to make it funny. The whole audience had already laughed heartily before the main film even started. clever…
Anyway, some reasons why I thought that UP was a Brilliant movie:
* Great Characters- truly unique (which is hard to do at this stage in the game)
* Some stellar writing and hilarious lines woven in throughout
* A plot that is compelling on its own and profound if looked at as a metaphor
* Has a great message (or many)
* Some quirky unexpected out of left field ideas
* Leaves you feeling warm/fuzzy and glad to be alive
The critics and reviews seem to agree with me. Here is one review:
Up is a marvel of a movie which will enchant cinemagoers around the world and remain a family favourite for decades to come. A highpoint of ingenuity and storytelling in the Pixar canon and indeed the animated form…
So if you want to see an Uplifting movie… go see UP.
Hey there!! Apologies for the delay, I was out of the country. Thanks for visiting my blog. In answer to your question, I am located in the DC metro area. Please keep in touch!